Monday, May 8, 2017

Family Recipes Monthly Challenge Blog Hop

I joined in with several awesome bloggers to bring you a selection of Family Recipes.  We are glad you could stop by and hope you visit the other ladies to see what mouthwatering recipes they have!

Purple Hues and Me
Across the Boulevard
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
Stone Cottage Adventures

My recipe, Easy Cherry Crumble, is frequently referred to as "dump cake".  We are from the South (Florida) so I wonder if it is calked "dump cake" other areas as well? My mom made a recipe similar to this using peach pie filling or sometimes just canned peaches.  This dessert is so delicious warm with vanilla ice cream.....mmmmm.


Easy Cherry Crumble

One box white or yellow cake mix, dry
1 to 2 sticks butter
2 cans fruit pie filling of choice (obviously I used cherry)

Grease a 9 x 13 pan with butter or pan spray.  Add the 2 cans of pie filing to pan and spread over pan.


Sprinkle dry cake mix over pie filling, then pour melted butter over cake mix.  You can add chopped pecans or walnuts over all if you desire.  My kids didn't appreciate nuts in their desserts lol.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your oven.  Cake mix should have a golden appearance.


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips